SWTOR Game Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SWTOR Game Team

Role-Playing community for the game Star Wars The Old Republic

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inRP on the Starlight Ship The Vigilance BeaconRepublic of Starlight RPThe Eternals RPWild Force RP opening STORY!Guide to PnP and RP in our communityTeam Speak 3Face behind Character!Pax Republica RP

What crew skills should give bonuses to character skills? PNP update needed?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bogana

Bogana

Experience : 54

Character Sheet
Health Points:
What crew skills should give bonuses to character skills? PNP update needed? Left_bar_bleue0/0What crew skills should give bonuses to character skills? PNP update needed? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Shield Points:
What crew skills should give bonuses to character skills? PNP update needed? Left_bar_bleue0/0What crew skills should give bonuses to character skills? PNP update needed? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Armor Percentage:

What crew skills should give bonuses to character skills? PNP update needed? Empty
PostSubject: What crew skills should give bonuses to character skills? PNP update needed?   What crew skills should give bonuses to character skills? PNP update needed? EmptyFri 19 Jul - 18:10

There are still 6 crew skills not in use. To fix this and make it more fair for those who have them maxed out, I am suggesting to either give them a skill all to themselves by creating a new one or using one already made.

Here is my Idea, please post your own below.
Unless you agree with me. Also rank my list and tell me what you think
I have also given them their respective attributes in the parentheses.

Edit note: I forgot about scavenging so I'm racking my brain and Oyo's to get it done.

Character skills on the left and crew skills on the right.
The respective explanations are below each selection.

(END)Archaeology-Archaeology
The skill of discovery of ancient schematics and lore. You can find anceit texts that could give you vital information when the time comes. Some lore or artifacts you dig up could be mysterious crystals that can be used in crafting. Of course this skill is boosted by archaeology in game crew skill.

(INT)Crafting-Synthweaving & Armormech & Artifice
The skill of crafting and creating usable gear and or armor that can help you in battle is deffinitly boosted when you learn any of these 3 crafting skills.
Having the ability to craft usable gear/armor will improve your stats dramatically. This skill is also useful if when you go to repair your ship, you find a part is missing and all you will have to do is craft a new one with the supplies laying around! Be careful though, as everything you craft must be from materials you have already gathered and there is also never a real guarantee that the crafting will be a success.

(CUN)Piloting-underworld trading
Pilots who have been involved in underworld trading know how stressing it can be, you fly here, deliver there, fly here, pick this up, fly back, and so on. Well did you ever notice that after all that flying and dodging the law, your piloting skills increased dramaticly? Well they do! That is why experience in underworld trading will give you a boost in piloting!

(INT)Appraise-Treasure Hunting
Appraising an Item will give you its value. You will have a better I idea of when you go to decide whether to keep it or throw it away. (now I know this is different in games than on pnp however I decided to go with what I know in game) On a successful role you will also learn the name of the item. Who knows what you will find.
Having the knowledge of treasure hunting will give you a better idea of what's valuable and what isn't.

Last edited by Bogana on Sat 20 Jul - 8:01; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Steam
StoryGuide
Admin
StoryGuide

Experience : 1406

Character Sheet
Health Points:
What crew skills should give bonuses to character skills? PNP update needed? Left_bar_bleue100/100What crew skills should give bonuses to character skills? PNP update needed? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Shield Points:
What crew skills should give bonuses to character skills? PNP update needed? Left_bar_bleue50/100What crew skills should give bonuses to character skills? PNP update needed? Empty_bar_bleue  (50/100)
Armor Percentage:
What crew skills should give bonuses to character skills? PNP update needed? Left_bar_bleue0/100What crew skills should give bonuses to character skills? PNP update needed? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/100)

What crew skills should give bonuses to character skills? PNP update needed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What crew skills should give bonuses to character skills? PNP update needed?   What crew skills should give bonuses to character skills? PNP update needed? EmptyFri 19 Jul - 18:38

Only Intmidate > Investigation make true connection here as well as those that are already in effect.
Repair > Cybertech is already in effect
Diplomacy > Diplomacy is already in effect
Survival > Bioanalysys is already in effect
Slicing > Slicing is already in effect
Demolitions > Armestech is already in effect

Taunt > Treasure Hunting no connection, nothing to do with charisma but luck to find treasure, it has more sense to do with survival than taunt.

Perform > Synthwaveving knowing how to make good clothes does not mean you wear them. It is just like connecting investigation skill with perform, you can investigate best clothes to wear lol. the connection is poor.

Piloting > Underworld trading has some sense. The problem is that I was planing to add skill Trading or Apprise that would make better connection.

Bluff > Archeology since when digging ancient, history, alien and old object have to do anything with bluff skill? Archeology could be a stand alone skill with strength as associated attribute and in game skill bonus Archeology.

Awareness > Artifice where crystals would be with the force, you would become easier to others to be sensed rather than to increase your own senses. There is no crew skill in game that suits this skill.
Back to top Go down
https://swtorgameteam.forumotion.com
Bogana

Bogana

Character Sheet
Health Points:
Shield Points:
Armor Percentage:

PostSubject: Re: What crew skills should give bonuses to character skills? PNP update needed?   What crew skills should give bonuses to character skills? PNP update needed? EmptySat 20 Jul - 6:34

I have made a change to this thread, mostly I took out crewskills and character skills that are already being used or do not match at all. I also added in 3 new skills. read over and see what you think. New changes in the future to this thread will be announced by new posts.

Thanks again and I hope all of you enjoy this community.
Back to top Go down
Steam
Bogana

Bogana

Character Sheet
Health Points:
Shield Points:
Armor Percentage:

PostSubject: Scavenging????   What crew skills should give bonuses to character skills? PNP update needed? EmptySat 20 Jul - 8:03

I forgot about Scavenging, the problem is I have no idea what to do with it. Does it belong to any of our current skills? If not then what skill should we make to put it with?
Back to top Go down
Steam
Bogana

Bogana

Character Sheet
Health Points:
Shield Points:
Armor Percentage:

PostSubject: Crafting   What crew skills should give bonuses to character skills? PNP update needed? EmptySat 20 Jul - 8:41

Crafting (Intelligence)
Using your knowledge of materials and items you can craft anything from clothes, armor, weapons, tools, or other useful items. If you are missing an item or piece of gear a successful crafting will be needed to replace it, or you will have to suffer an item penalty which will decrease your stats. While successful role replaces your item and also adds + 1 for every 4 extra checks, there is a chance that you will fail and lose the items you had to use to craft the item.(after each RP episode your stats will return to what they where before that episode). Crafting gains + 1 bonus for every 100 ranks of the crew skill Synthweaving, Armormech, and Artifice in game. At rank 450 it gains bonus +2.

What I think crafting should be
Back to top Go down
Steam
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What crew skills should give bonuses to character skills? PNP update needed?   What crew skills should give bonuses to character skills? PNP update needed? Empty

Back to top Go down

What crew skills should give bonuses to character skills? PNP update needed?
Page 1 of 1