SWTOR Game Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SWTOR Game Team

Role-Playing community for the game Star Wars The Old Republic

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inRP on the Starlight Ship The Vigilance BeaconRepublic of Starlight RPThe Eternals RPWild Force RP opening STORY!Guide to PnP and RP in our communityTeam Speak 3Face behind Character!Pax Republica RP

Unique character trates?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bogana

Bogana

Experience : 54

Character Sheet
Health Points:
Unique character trates? Left_bar_bleue0/0Unique character trates? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Shield Points:
Unique character trates? Left_bar_bleue0/0Unique character trates? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Armor Percentage:

Unique character trates? Empty
PostSubject: Unique character trates?   Unique character trates? EmptySat 3 Aug - 16:23

I was re-editing my application for Bogana when I suddenly thought of something interesting, what makes Bogana different from all the other characters in the vast world of star wars?
I then had an idea, good or bad I'll leave the decision up to you guys.

My idea- I had a very vague idea of how I wanted to tackle this, but I broke it down into two separate ideas.

The first idea is this, make a unique character trait that would be treated much like a feat. This feat would give a temporary bonus or effect to your character.

The second idea was to make a personality bonus and give each person 4 points to put in the personality bonus slots that will only be usable on attributes. (Also make the requirement that they can't stack more than 2 points. or not?)

Anyways I would like some feed back to know what everyone thinks.
Thanks again and I hope we can have lots of fun!
Back to top Go down
Steam
StoryGuide
Admin
StoryGuide

Experience : 1406

Character Sheet
Health Points:
Unique character trates? Left_bar_bleue100/100Unique character trates? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Shield Points:
Unique character trates? Left_bar_bleue50/100Unique character trates? Empty_bar_bleue  (50/100)
Armor Percentage:
Unique character trates? Left_bar_bleue0/100Unique character trates? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/100)

PostSubject: Re: Unique character trates?   Unique character trates? EmptySun 4 Aug - 4:35

I don't get this.
Back to top Go down
https://swtorgameteam.forumotion.com
Bogana

Bogana

Character Sheet
Health Points:
Shield Points:
Armor Percentage:

PostSubject: Re: Unique character trates?   Unique character trates? EmptySun 4 Aug - 7:08

Oyo wrote:
I don't get this.

Sorry, I only had a vague idea of what I actually thought. I know I wasn't very clear, but I thought you might understand.

I asked Serg. Jesus about it and he helped me make it a little bit clearer but not much.
Basically we would make an ability, or feat that would have dramatic effect on a characters stats. This ability will also have negative effects on the character as well, so it will be more of a final ability type thing. The neat part of this would be that no other character's ability or feat will be the same. Also keep in mind that they will only have one of these abilities or feats. I also thought that this feat or ability should be related to one of the many skills.

Here are some examples of abilities I thought of.

Teleportation(not sure)- on a successful roll you will be able to teleport where ever you want, on a failure you could end up in the wrong place or worse.

Foresight(Awareness)- on a successful roll you will be able to foresee every possible move your opponent may take or even the outcome of all possible choices, on a failure you could become temporarily confused or pass out over stress.

[they don't have to be force abilities either]

Rage(Intimidate)- on a successful roll you can go into a fit of rage that will make people around you pass out in fear, on a failure your team could pass out in fear and/or your opponents will become more confident when facing you.

The thing is that dealing with this will prove to be very tricky and difficult. However it will give everyone a chance to be unique and different. I hope you can understand what I was getting at, and sorry for not being clearer the first time.
As for these feats, they are only examples, everyone else will be responsible for coming up with their own abilities. We will also need someone to check and make sure that the feats or abilities are fair and meat the restrictions that we put on them.
As for where these feats or abilities could be posted, I can think of 2 places. First the application, second character sheet.
Also, this is not the final idea for this, it will require some tweaking.
Back to top Go down
Steam
StoryGuide
Admin
StoryGuide

Experience : 1406

Character Sheet
Health Points:
Unique character trates? Left_bar_bleue100/100Unique character trates? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Shield Points:
Unique character trates? Left_bar_bleue50/100Unique character trates? Empty_bar_bleue  (50/100)
Armor Percentage:
Unique character trates? Left_bar_bleue0/100Unique character trates? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/100)

PostSubject: Re: Unique character trates?   Unique character trates? EmptyMon 5 Aug - 6:31

It is not bad idea. And these perks would be free? I'd say something like 500 forum RP XP requirement to gain 1 perk. Any character can have only 1 perk. Every perk, or ability or feat how we call it should have main requirement of 500 rp xp, and additional perk specific requirement, for example in case of rage requirement would be 15 total rank in intimidate skill.
Back to top Go down
https://swtorgameteam.forumotion.com
Bogana

Bogana

Character Sheet
Health Points:
Shield Points:
Armor Percentage:

PostSubject: Re: Unique character trates?   Unique character trates? EmptyMon 5 Aug - 7:17

Oyo wrote:
It is not bad idea. And these perks would be free? I'd say something like 500 forum RP XP requirement to gain 1 perk. Any character can have only 1 perk. Every perk, or ability or feat how we call it should have main requirement of 500 rp xp, and additional perk specific requirement, for example in case of rage requirement would be 15 total rank in intimidate skill.

See boss this is why I like you so much. Haha, yes I agree with everything you just said. I have been really busy lately so I'll start tell Sergeant Jesus my ideas and he can tell you if that is okay. I will try to be active when you are but not sure I can.

So it could be like this, you need 500 rp forum xp to receive a perk. Then to use this perk you must have at least 10 points or 15 in the skill that you aligned it with. Also the skill and perk must go together and you must be able to explain the connection. Then have three GMs confirm it. Also your perk is unique to you so no one can copy it. They also can not rename it and have the same effect. The main thing about this is that it will test how creative you are. If your not that creative you may find this to be difficult.

Also this would give forum RPers a major advantage over in game RPers, would be to give some type of boost or positive change to the perk every so many RP xp points. How we would do this I do not know.

Anyways boss i'll keep thinking of something and get back to you. I really do like this idea however before we implement it, there are a lot of things we need to deal with. Also if anyone else has any ideas or plans regarding this "perk" then feel free to add.
Back to top Go down
Steam
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unique character trates?   Unique character trates? Empty

Back to top Go down

Unique character trates?
Page 1 of 1