SWTOR Game Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SWTOR Game Team

Role-Playing community for the game Star Wars The Old Republic

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inRP on the Starlight Ship The Vigilance BeaconRepublic of Starlight RPThe Eternals RPWild Force RP opening STORY!Guide to PnP and RP in our communityTeam Speak 3Face behind Character!Pax Republica RP

Improved Character sheets and Leveling

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Annawulf

Annawulf

Experience : 25

Character Sheet
Health Points:
Improved Character sheets and Leveling Left_bar_bleue0/0Improved Character sheets and Leveling Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Shield Points:
Improved Character sheets and Leveling Left_bar_bleue0/0Improved Character sheets and Leveling Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Armor Percentage:

Improved Character sheets and Leveling Empty
PostSubject: Improved Character sheets and Leveling   Improved Character sheets and Leveling EmptySun 21 Jul - 6:42

What you guys have done is great.  I love this RP community and storyline. This is just an improvement off your basis.  Hopefully it make it more balanced and make the roll seems reasonable and not OP, while making the force user slightly more powerful without being ridiculous.

Attributes

Add 1 point for every ten levels

Add 2 points to Expertise for every ten levels

Add 1 point to Charisma for every Social Level in SWTOR

Advance Class Bonus:
  At level 1, each class gets a one-time only bonus to their points based on their class
     +4:  Marauder, Sentinel
     +3:  Juggernaut, Assassin, Sniper, Guardian, Shadow, Gunslinger
     +2:  Sorcerer, Mercenary, Powertech, Sage, Commando, Vanguard
     +1:  Operative, Scoundrel

Class Attribute Bonus:
  At level 1, 20, and 40, each class gets to add +2 bonus to one of two attributes.

Juggernaut/Guardian
Endurance or Force

Marauder/Sentinel
Strength or Force

Assassin/Shadow
Willpower or Endurance

Sorcerer/Sage
Willpower or Intelligence

Sniper/Gunslinger
Aim or Cunning

Operative/Scoundrel
Cunning or Intelligence

Powertech/Vanguard
Aim or Endurance

Mercenary/Commando
Aim or Intelligence

At level 55, receive 2 points

Skills

The amount of points received at every 10 levels is equal to the formula below:

2 + X + Y/2 = total points

X = class points

Class Points
     +1:  Marauder, Sentinel
     +2:  Juggernaut, Assassin, Sniper, Guardian, Shadow, Gunslinger
     +3:  Sorcerer, Mercenary, Powertech, Sage, Commando, Vanguard
     +4:  Operative, Scoundrel

Y = Intelligence modifier

Advance Class Bonus:
At levels 10, 30, and 50, each class gets to add +2 and +1 bonus to two of four skills.

Juggernaut/Guardian
Awareness,  Force Persuade,  Intimidate,  Survival

Marauder/Sentinel
Awareness,  Force Persuade,  Intimidate,  Taunt

Assassin/Shadow
Awareness,  Force Persuade,  Force Sense Alignment,  Stealth

Sorcerer/Sage
Awareness,  Force Persuade,  Archaeology,  Diplomacy

Sniper/Gunslinger
Bluff,  Taunt,  Awareness,  Piloting

Operative/Scoundrel
Bluff,  Stealth,  Treat Injury,  Slicing

Powertech/Vanguard
Demolitions,  Repair,  Survival,  Spacewalk

Mercenary/Commando
Demolitions,  Repair,  Treat Injury,  Piloting

At level 55,  receive 4 points

This would replace the current bonuses that the classes would give to the attributes and skills.  Everything else would remain the same, including the race bonuses and crew skill bonuses to rp skills.  I did this in the hope it would balance everything better.  At the same time, it would make it easier to have a more diverse and unique character while being somewhat cannon in terms of power and strength of the classes.  If you like it and think it might help, great. if not, thanks for reading about one man opinion

Last edited by Annawulf on Sat 27 Jul - 11:11; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bogana

Bogana

Experience : 54

Character Sheet
Health Points:
Shield Points:
Armor Percentage:

PostSubject: Re: Improved Character sheets and Leveling   Improved Character sheets and Leveling EmptySun 21 Jul - 7:57

I don't know what Oyo's opinion is on this matter, however I don't think your idea is a good idea to how the pnp is currently set up. The reason being is that the way we have it set up is that everyone will be able to acquire an equal amount of points to use. I do think that there are still areas we need to exploit/uncover however the current pnp is almost completely even in the terms of points given to use on attributes and skills.

If we wanted to implement your idea(s) we would need your help in revamping the current pnp to fit what you have posted here. It took me, Oyo, and a couple of other people to get to the point we are at. Also the amount of editing and forum editing Oyo has to do is crazy and I don't think it would be wise to make him do this every time we have an idea as it could cause him to make mistakes. So let's give it some thought, talk about it and discuss it over xfire or what ever and decide on a conclusion.

Personally, I would need to look at this a little more closely to understand the purpose and how it works. Also the formula looks good but I don't understand it completely. So elaborate more and talk with those involved and lets see what we come up with.

Also, I still don't understand the whole Intelligence attribute or how it works. I think the description for it is difficult to read/understand. I relies Oyo has a lot of work and trouble with translating to English however someone who does understand please explain this to me. Oyo I will try to talk to you after I posted this to get to the bottom of this matter. However, just note that I am slightly confused on how and who will gain a bonus from INT.
Back to top Go down
Steam
StoryGuide
Admin
StoryGuide

Experience : 1406

Character Sheet
Health Points:
Improved Character sheets and Leveling Left_bar_bleue100/100Improved Character sheets and Leveling Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Shield Points:
Improved Character sheets and Leveling Left_bar_bleue50/100Improved Character sheets and Leveling Empty_bar_bleue  (50/100)
Armor Percentage:
Improved Character sheets and Leveling Left_bar_bleue0/100Improved Character sheets and Leveling Empty_bar_bleue  (0/100)

PostSubject: Re: Improved Character sheets and Leveling   Improved Character sheets and Leveling EmptySun 21 Jul - 18:25

Intelligence increases number of skill points you can spend every 10 IG levels. Intelligence 2 gives 5 skill points at level 50 or higher, intelligence 4 gives 10 skill points at level 50 or higher.
Back to top Go down
https://swtorgameteam.forumotion.com
Annawulf

Annawulf

Character Sheet
Health Points:
Shield Points:
Armor Percentage:

PostSubject: Re: Improved Character sheets and Leveling   Improved Character sheets and Leveling EmptyMon 22 Jul - 4:15

I revised it to include the points added to expertise and charisma based on the rp guide so there won't be any confusion.
Back to top Go down
StoryGuide
Admin
StoryGuide

Character Sheet
Health Points:
Improved Character sheets and Leveling Left_bar_bleue100/100Improved Character sheets and Leveling Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Shield Points:
Improved Character sheets and Leveling Left_bar_bleue50/100Improved Character sheets and Leveling Empty_bar_bleue  (50/100)
Armor Percentage:
Improved Character sheets and Leveling Left_bar_bleue0/100Improved Character sheets and Leveling Empty_bar_bleue  (0/100)

PostSubject: Re: Improved Character sheets and Leveling   Improved Character sheets and Leveling EmptyMon 22 Jul - 4:55

I don't think that Annawulf's idea is bad. The thing to build a true pnp system on forums is very difficult and even if I'd invest hundreds of hours in it, the result would be a true pnp that people will not understand, especially those who play mmo. The system we have built now is much more simple to follow, and it has pnp elements, system and rules, it is just not identical as original pnp found in d&d because we had to connect it with a classic mmo elements.
Back to top Go down
Bogana

Bogana

Character Sheet
Health Points:
Shield Points:
Armor Percentage:

PostSubject: Re: Improved Character sheets and Leveling   Improved Character sheets and Leveling EmptyMon 22 Jul - 5:47

I apologies for saying your idea wasn't good. I worded that improperly, what I meant was that changing the simplicity of the system we have now to a much more difficult system would defiantly enhance the pnp system but it would make it harder for people who are not as experienced in pnp such as myself, to understand it.

Unless there is a way to enhance the pnp element while keeping the simplicity of the current system we have, I suggest we simply add skills or attributes that we may need to increase the amount of involvement in the pnp.

On that note I think we should have a Persuade skill. We have a force persuade but no persuade. I found this funny when talking about it to Oyo. The thing about persuade is it is the skill or ability to cause someone to do something through reasoning or argument. This would be a greate skill for non force users who cant use force persuade.

Back to top Go down
Steam
StoryGuide
Admin
StoryGuide

Character Sheet
Health Points:
Shield Points:
Armor Percentage:

PostSubject: Re: Improved Character sheets and Leveling   Improved Character sheets and Leveling EmptyMon 22 Jul - 5:50

Diplomacy works like Persuade.
We can start by implementing Saving Throws in our system. It is simple and fun.
Back to top Go down
Bogana

Bogana

Character Sheet
Health Points:
Shield Points:
Armor Percentage:

PostSubject: Re: Improved Character sheets and Leveling   Improved Character sheets and Leveling EmptyMon 22 Jul - 16:01

Oyo wrote:
Diplomacy works like Persuade.
We can start by implementing Saving Throws in our system. It is simple and fun.

Alright, I agree with you. Thanks for coming up with an alternative. Really, you are a very active and responsible leader thanks for all of your hard work Oyo.
Back to top Go down
Steam
Aýa

Aýa

Experience : 36

Character Sheet
Health Points:
Shield Points:
Armor Percentage:

PostSubject: Re: Improved Character sheets and Leveling   Improved Character sheets and Leveling EmptyMon 22 Jul - 21:31

Thank you Annawulf for committing your time to raise quality of our RP system. Perhaps we can have meeting about this to discuss it for best results.
Back to top Go down
Annawulf

Annawulf

Character Sheet
Health Points:
Shield Points:
Armor Percentage:

PostSubject: Re: Improved Character sheets and Leveling   Improved Character sheets and Leveling EmptyTue 23 Jul - 5:31

sure, no problem. I'm happy to help. Whenever you want as long as real life let's me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Improved Character sheets and Leveling   Improved Character sheets and Leveling Empty

Back to top Go down

Improved Character sheets and Leveling
Page 1 of 1